Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thomas 1st Tooth Cleaning Was A Blast!

Today I had to get my 6 month cleaning and decided to take Thomas in with me for his first cleaning. I was a little sceptical as to how well he would do. As we were on our way out the door Joseph thought it helpful to tell Thomas the there is a t.v. in the Dentists office (as if that was all we were going for :) I find it very helpful to treat it like it's no big deal, like we're just going to the store. I will say though, that Thomas enjoys all his Dr.'s visits and has even been known to not even whimper through shots. Tough guy you say? No not really, he can get pretty upset over little bumps and bruises. Also, to add, it may have helped that I always take the boys to my teeth cleanings and have fond memories of Thomas as an infant, resting happily on my lap while I was getting my teeth poked and prodded. So today, they called us back and he walked right in front of me with no hesitation, plopped up in that big 'ole chair and went right along with everything. I had expected that they do the usual first visit routine of counting and flossing his teeth and calling it a day. But nope, Mrs. Annette did it all! And my favorite part was when they were sitting the chair upright and Thomas remained still until his body weight slid him down the chair. He even got to get the run of the place while I got my teeth looked at. How did mine go? Well, I nearly cried when they told me that a tooth that has been dead since...uh...3rd grade, is due for a root canal to save it. What happened in third grade? The county decided to repave our neighborhood streets and after pouring the gravel, they decided to stop there. I was riding a friends bike that was way too small for me and hit a larger rock just as I was turning into their driveway. I then proceeded to flip completely over the handle bars and my top lip landed firmly onto the corner of their cement driveway. It was pretty gruesome. Needless to say it was only a week or so later that the county decided they needed to finish the job (boy is my Dad convincing!). Here are the pictures of Thomas' fun day at the Dentist:


This was his demeanor through the whole thing.


Mrs. Annette is Dr. Lambert's sister. We live in such a small town that they both live just a block away from our house. She has been a great friend and hygienist :)


Dr. Lambert checkin' out all those little teeth. Lookin' Good!!!

It's moments like these that remind me that they are growing up so fast. I can't believe I don't have my little babies anymore!

No comments: