Monday, May 19, 2008

Ouch!

Quentin, my nephew, had his 7th birthday party sat. at the Icearium in Farragut, TN. Initially when we found out about his party my sister asked if we were looking forward to playing a football game with the kiddies. I quickly replied that I would not be joining in on that game, "I don't play football and never have." Well, I got drafted into the game. It was just going to be a harmless game of flag football with 6 & 7 year olds, how hard could that be? The thing about 6 & 7 year olds is they really know nothing about the American sport we call football, which left the 8 adults (well Tiffany, my sister, left after the first play!) carrying the game. Our team ended up with 4 adults which the other, of 3 adults, was fine with that cause they thought I would be more of a hindrance for my team. I, for the first time in my life caught a pretty long pass and made 1 or 2 touchdowns (we didn't really keep score). It was pretty boosting when I began to hear the other team yell, "block Megan, just block Megan!" Ryan, who repeatedly took the game to seriously as he threw himself into the end zone and tackled a few little ones (hey Ryan it's flag football), scored 2 or 3 touchdowns. Well we had a great time and we were all winded and sweaty by the end, but felt pretty good about the whole thing, until.... The next morning Ryan and I awoke feeling as if we had been through a car wreck. And as the day progressed we noticed muscles we didn't know we had, ouch! It was all worth it though; we had such a great time and we are already wanting to do it again, so we must not be in enough pain. Lessons learned: Never underestimate a girl. Never play football when your out of shape. Don't tackle little kids, it's just mean! Go out for the big pass, you might just catch it. Hopefully there will be pics. to follow.

No comments: